Monday 9 November 2009

Shrimp Creole- "A Fond Remembrance"




One of the first things that I can remember learning to cook after moving out of the dorms and discovering that it was a lot cheaper, more fun, and better tasting then Pasta Roni was Shrimp Creole. Don't get me wrong, I love burritos and Pizza, especially the ones that we got in Isla Vista, Santa Barbara. (Freebirds and  Woodstocks for all you Gaucho Alumni) Well, enough of the trip down memory lane (that's a topic for another blog).

I can't remember where exactly I got the recipe, possibly the local paper or maybe in a magazine. Any who..... it was a super simple recipe. Saute some chopped onion, celery and garlic add a can of peeled tomatoes (crush em' by hand), some S&P, bay leaf and of course Cayenne Pepper. Let that simmer for a bit  then add in the shrimp. Finish off with some Tobasco and Worcestershire, a little handful of sliced green onion, and serve with some white rice.

[If you would like a more exact recipe, just let me know]

No comments: